Saturday, May 30, 2009

hold the cross

I'm right now listening to one of my favorite hymns "Come and See the Cross." The lyrics sing "come and hold the cross". I think today is the first time I actually heard this line in the song. 

What a privilege it is to come to a Savior who has such selfless, unconditional love.  It's one thing to "see" the cross.. to know it is there. I see it. I also admire it. I have respect for it. I see the cross everywhere. It's a common decoration many people have in their homes and on their clothing. Often I take for granted seeing the cross. Now... come and see the crown of thorns that pierced him... see the blood and tears and hear the suffering.

And hear the cross... hear their cries and hear them nail him in vain. Hear the love cry, and learn to hold the cross. God sings a love song and longs evermore for my heart to hear Him; to hear Him suffering for me. 

"Hold" the cross... I know and feel the peace, the love, the power of the cross.  I see the scars from the crown of thorns and see how his sides were pierced.  I hear His cry. My heart breaks and feels how his heart was broken.... there was blood and tears and suffering for me. I see the cross, I hear the cross, but holding the cross gives me a clear perspective... a clear destiny... a love that does not die! ...a love whose Lamb was crucified. A Lamb who is alive and my heart forever holds Him!

"Come and hear the cross" He longs for my heart to hear Him! What an honorable statement to me! How blessed I am to have such a powerful God longing for me; to want me. I serve a gracious God! A merciful God! An awesome God! ...who wants me as His own. WOW, what a privilege to hold the cross.

Oh, Lord, You are an awesome God! You surprise me with your Holy Greatness everyday! Praise Your Name... Thank you for allowing me to hold the cross... to see the love you have for me! Thank you for the sacrificial Lamb! Lord, I don't deserve you, and yet, you still love and long for me! Thank you for your everlasting love song! Continue to keep the longing in my soul for more of You! I can't seem to get enough! You are worthy of all praise! In your precious son's name!

No comments:

Post a Comment