Monday, November 9, 2009

that was easy

Every Monday morning, our local radio station plays a game called, "the easy button." You know the commercials from the office supply store "that was easy." The radio station announces they are going to play the easy button and if you're the fifth caller to call in when you hear the blurb, you win a prize for the day. This morning, Natalie snatched up the phone, waited in anticipation for the button, then pressed the green button to call.

"It's ringing mom! Someone answered, mom! They're talking... I think we won!" she screeched as she tossed me the phone.

Yep, we won... thanks to her speedy little fingers. Our gain totaled up to, one Kutless worship CD and a promo water bottle (oh, and one complimentary pen and pencil that I snatched off the receptionist desk when I picked up Natalie's winnings). Just back in September, the same radio station drew her name out of the hat for the birthday bash and she won a $15 gift certificate for a local restaurant.

So... soccer season is nearing the end. Along with the madness of a busy last few months; tonight we played our second game in the soccer tournament. We won last Thursday, which automatically qualified us to play tonight... and we won... again. Forth game in a row they've won; which I think is ironic since we didn't win a single game until half way through the season. So we play tomorrow night for the championship of the fall soccer season.

Some times being a single mom means sacrificing some personal choices. Some times it means being on a tight schedule ~ not always by choice. A few weeks ago Natalie had to be at a soccer game at 5:30, a book fair to attend by 6pm and I had a parent/teacher conference at 5:15. At 4:30 I started to feel panicky as I scooped up my items to head out from a days work. My mind ran through the check list... be here, stop there, grab that... cleets, shin guards, uniform, snacks... and checking them twice then it hit me ~ now how am I suppose to be in three places at once? I posted something on my facebook wall to the affect ..."soccer game at 5:30, parent teacher conference at 5:15, book fair by 6.... does anyone know where I can find the cloning formula or the placement of the easy button?" Although hoops were jumped through and some how we accomplished our tasks for the evening... some tasks we arrived early, some on time, some we were running late; just the thought of having an "easy button" helped.

The next morning when I arrived at work, someone had placed an "easy button" on my desk. I've used it a few times, but haven't really seen the magical affects from it yet. hehehehe Someone was trying to help out. And although a little pun, it is still appreciated.

I reeeally wish my "easy button" rattled off Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!" ...now that is easy! Knowing that with God in charge ~ I can move that mountain. No one ever promised this life would be easy. And there's no magical "easy button" to push in emergency situations. But... the thought that God is in charge makes the thought of life a little less difficult. My "easy button" in life could easily become the direct line I have with the Father... prayer. Now.. that was easy.

Lord, thanks for the strength you give me. Oh, Lord, you know I'm not perfect.. thanks, for well, working on me. Thanks for not giving up on me and not allowing me to give up. Thanks for the direct line and for allowing me to be in Your presence with just one small request. Thanks for the accomplishments you allowed me to fulfill today. Thanks for keeping us safe and walking with me. It's in your precious sons' name.

No comments:

Post a Comment