Saturday, June 27, 2009

lipstick

Several months ago, I began this blog site thinking that lipstick was the start and ending of each day... Just yesterday I pulled a tube of lip balm out of the damp washing machine... just glad I grabbed it before it reached the dryer! So many things in my life remind me of Natalie. Even when she's not sitting next to me on the sofa, I think about her. When she's at her dads for a weekend, I long for her return. She is somewhat of a lifeline to me ~ she keeps me grounded and in check ~ more than she will ever know.  The other night I forgot to give thanks for our meal. She reached out her hand across the table for mine, smiled, bowed her head and waited for me to give grace. :) 

The few times in my life when she's not near me, I still think about her. In the same realm, God is near me. It is a consistent conscience effort to acknowledge His presence, but it is becoming more natural. There was an incident today while mowing that I laughed out loud. I was listening to my ipod and found myself praising and worshiping Him. He makes me smile. :) 

Just as lipstick, God should be so much a part of my every day. In fact, God should be applied as lipstick... metaphorically speaking. He is the one who should always guard my lips. It's like applying lipstick... apply God ...to my lips. If my heart is longing to be in His presence and be relying on Him, my lips should only speak of the goodness of Him. Some times I'm terrible at this ~ especially at work. It's difficult to not get frustrated and easy to use the tongue of negativity.

Proverbs 21:23 says, He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity (KJV says: keepeth his soul from troubles). 

Colossians 3 where it talks about holy living, verse 8 says, but now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips

In Hebrews 13:15, Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.

I have to remind myself constantly to watch what I say and keep God on the tip of my tongue. I John 4 keeps me and my soul in check :) I am told that I live in him and He lives in me. Why? Because he had given me His Spirit. I'm reassured that if I acknowledge Jesus is the son of God, God lives in me and I live in God. It's easy to keep my lips singing His praises when I remind myself to love my brother... to "live in love because God is love and whoever lives in love lives in God and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him." I am so glad I am born in love because I know that love comes from God. Oh, that's so refreshing!

Lord, Thank you for the song in my heart. Thank you for the love you give me every day, and how each day you show me You are here. Just as lipstick, protect my lips and guard my tongue to only speak of you. Thank you for holding me, loving me, showing me. You are an incredible God! Thank you for never changing! In your sons' precious name.

No comments:

Post a Comment