Thursday, February 19, 2009

preparation

Today is a busy day as a pack up to leave the country for the first time tomorrow morning.  I've chuckled a bit when people ask me if I'm ready. I've never been less ready.  I'm not much of a procrastinator, but there are some things when planning for a ten day trip that just have to be done at the last minute. So needless to say, at this point ~ 17 hours before my flight leaves... I am not ready. 

As I have been preparing for this trip over the last couple of weeks, I not only prepare myself and my job, but also have to prepare Natalie ~ her safety, packing, planning, etc.  It is in the preparation of a trip like this when I begin to think how this affects me not only physically but spiritually. Then question the "what ifs?" ~ What if: she gets ill while I'm gone? What if this, what if that? Thankfully, I have tried to dot all the "i's" and crossed all the "t's" so that if the "what ifs" appear, we are prepared both from afar and here at home. She is looking forward to the time she's going to be spending with family. 

With all of this prep work, I thank Christ, who has done my spiritual preparation for me.  
Christ was sent to be my example, preparing the way.  Mark 1:2 says "As it is written (in Malachi 3:1) in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger (Christ) before they face, which shall prepare thy way before thee." I can't imagine living in the days before Christ when they had to prepare a sacrifice.  In Ezekiel it mentions many times about preparing a burnt offering unto the Lord.  Thankfully Christ has made that sacrifice for us and has prepared the way.  But also thankful that He has gone ahead to prepare a place for me.  John 14:2-3 "...in my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."  

How exciting to know that as a child of God, when I leave this earthly home, I will have a place already prepared for me. Now, I'm not planning on leaving this earth yet. I don't think my work here is done, but we do not have the certainty that tomorrow will be ours.  It is my responsibility and my option to be spiritually prepared.  

Hopefully my attempt of preparation will have paid off and this trip will be successful both professionally and personally. 
Asking God to protect Natalie and myself on this journey and return us both home safely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment