Tuesday, February 24, 2009

time

While I was on my fifteen-hour flight, I quickly realized I failed to pack a watch and found myself quite amazed how I lost track of time. Time? How do I know the time without the help of a clock?

I just finished reading a book called “Same kind of different as me” by Ron Hall & Denver Moore with Lynn Vincent.  The book is a true story and really portrays God’s desire to use people. I highly recommend if you enjoyed “The Shack” by Wm. Paul Young, you should give this book a try.  It took a while to really get into the book… the first few chapters are setting the stage to see how these lives began and endure to bring them to the point of crossing.  I won’t spoil it for you but share some touching pieces. The front cover reads “a modern day slave, an international art dealer and the unlikely woman who bond them together.” Based on a true story of two men becoming the best of friends. The book is filled with “Denver’s” (the modern day slave) perspective of his life and how people were easily taken from him in heartbreaking situations. But Deborah, the art dealer’s wife becomes an angel on earth and shows him God’s unconditional love without judging him where he has been and what he has done.  So much so that Denvers love for this man and woman's friendship is absolutely beautiful.  This is not a romantic love that many people interpret love, but the selfless, unconditional love. Deborah acknowledgment, responsive and inquisitive manner shows Denver just the right amount of care he turns his heart towards God.  Denver in turn becomes Deborahs prayer warrior in time of sickness.   

This is a true story that took place recently in Fort Worth, Texas.  Deborahs' life here on earth was short lived. I never know when God will call me home.  But I would love to be remembered the way Deborah has been remembered.  She was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful, unconditionally loving, servant hearted woman I have ever heard about. Deborah was a great example of letting God use her no matter where or what time it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment