Wednesday, April 15, 2009

growing

Wow time has gone by so fast! Seems like yesterday, my little girl was barely pronouncing her L's. Today, she is reading! I can still hear Natalie saying, "I yuv yittle yizzards." She almost has her first full year of school behind her. She's growing up so fast right in front of me.

Tonight in church we talked about growing in our journey with God. The question was posed... does it ever get easy (the journey with God)? Immediately I thought about Peter saying that it is through the tough times that my faith grows stronger. I can't imagine the journey with God ever being a journey without trials. I've had this discussion before. The thoughts of being idle or comfortable made me think it was time to evaluate what was going on in life. I think it could be easy to get stuck in a rut of everyday life where I could lose track of God. What I mean is that... when I feel life is going pretty smooth, I tend to lose a little focus on God ~ not a lot, just enough to make me stop and ask myself, oh... where's God in all this? I'm not saying I have lost God at all... just making sure I am acknowledging him all the time.

It's at that exact moment, I stop and resubmit myself to God and ask Him to be the breath and thoughts in me. ...make sense?

Growing in Him ~ does that ever stop? Will I ever get a point in my life that I am right with God?

Am I human? ...then no. There will never be a time that I am 100% right with God ~ this doesn't mean I don't try. I think it's the humble spirit in me that can't say I am completely right with God. I don't want to be at a point that I'm not learning more about Him and the journey we are on.

Today my sister and I went to lunch together and we stopped at a local nursery. In the midst of the greenhouse I saw a glimpse of God's canvas ~ beautiful shades of yellow, reds, whites in a bed of different shades of green. The flowers were gorgeous ~ I was awed! He truly paints a beautiful picture in nature.

Natalie and I stocked up on flowers this weekend. We planted anything she could get her little hands on; even a few strawberry plants. The dogwood tree in the backyard is in full bloom along with the azalea bushes. Her Pawpaw gave us some seeds last year and we have planted cups in the house where they are beginning to sprout. We have over a dozen styrofoam cups lined up in the office; each one specifically marked with the different seeds and colors. She and I are carefully watering them every other day and keeping a watchful eye on them to see if they sprout. We have several sprouting already. Oh, was she ever excited to see the little green stalks poking out above the soil .

I thought about how God views us in very similar ways. He has planted a seed in me to spark the faith in Him; little by little He allows me to see and experience things showing me His love and faithfulness. I can just imagine Him standing over me as Natalie and I stand over the cups several times a day just to view in to see if there is anything new growing inside. I just hope that He is excited over what He sees in me as Natalie and I are when we see the seedlings sprouting above the soil.

Ultimate growth victory is to hear from my father, "well done, my true and faithful servant," but I know I am so far from hearing those words. His spirit that abides in me is so real and alive just as His word. I don't want to lose the passion I have in my daily journey to learn and grow more in Him.

Lord, I know that I am your child. I know I have a long journey ahead of me and with you by my side, I am able to grow. Thank you for looking in me and planting that seed of faith. This journey we are on is an amazing adventure and I am overwhelmed with excitement just imagining what you have in store for Natalie and I. Thank you for allowing me to know you. Thank you for the eyes to see you in everything ~ you do incredible work! I give you the praise and glory in your Son, Jesus', precious name.

No comments:

Post a Comment