Wednesday, April 1, 2009

time

I recently read an exert on a book called "To a Child Love is spelled T•I•M•E." How true are the words of that title? Many young children, long for the undivided attention of parents. I see Natalie doing this all the time, "Mom, mom, look..." Children want to be the center of attention. This book exert was around an elderly man, reminiscing through a memory box looking for a photo of his deceased wife. He found an old, yellow, stained journal of his son from decades ago. He opened the journal to a page where he read words from his son he said touched his soul. The father was curious of that particular day, so he went back to his bookkeeping records and looked up the same day in his journal which was recorded as, "wasted the whole day fishing with Jimmy. Didn't catch a thing." Quickly referring back to Jimmy's flimsy paper bound journal read the words, "Went fishing with my dad. Best day of my life." To a child, time is all they know ~ and spending time with them, such as Natalie, is one way I can show her I love her. I think the mind of a child is so precious ~ the simple way they process life should be a lesson to me. Children are quick to forgive, quick to love, quick to trust.


Jesus says in Matthew 18:2-4 that if I do not come to Him with faith as a small child, I will not enter the kingdom of heaven, "And Jesus called a little child unto him and set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."



Wednesday nights at church, we are studying the book of Ephesians ~ one of my favorite books. There's so much 'hope' in Ephesians. It's hard to explain "predestination." There were a few comments made from the class that put things in perspective to me... as humans we categorize everything in "time." We are tied to "time," but God isn't tied to "time." He has always been, still is and will always be. He sees big picture. There's something to be said about an experience to see the parade. ...from the ground (which is where we live life) and completely different experience to see the parade from a near by high rise (which is God's perspective). Isn't that refreshing? To know that God sees the big picture. Why should I worry about anything when God is in control?



The Bible tells us numerous times to come as children and with faith as a child. As a child of God, I should be asking God all the time to open my eyes so I could see His will on my life. I'm careful about this topic and God's salvation because I believe salvation is based on the grace of God, NOT the performance of man. Christ sets the example to spend time with God. Jesus prayed for days in the garden just to be in God's presence. Just as Jesus did in Luke 4 and 5, I am instructed to come to God in quiet places. Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness for forty days and tempted by the devil. In 2 Timothy 1:9-10 says "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." This is all in His Glory!!



The idea of predestination is subject that has been debated for decades, but all the scripture references I am given for predestination points back to God having a purpose on my life. I love God. I fear Him and out of that I love him and am thankful for His grace and unconditional love for me. I am continually searching for His will on my life. I believe He is the God and Christ is His son. I believe that I am sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13). Just as stated in Psalm 139:14 "I praise Him for I know I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well!"



Here are some verses that prove I have been hand picked by God....



I do love God... Romans 8:28-29 "And we know that all things work together for the good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestine to be conformed to the image of his Son..."



I'm trying and working to know His will... Ephesians 1:11, "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his own will."



I believe Christ is the Son of God and that He is alive today... Acts 13:47-48, "For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.



Woohoo! Galatians 3:26, "For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."



I thank God that He loves me and has set this time for me here on earth!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom sent this to me. You are such an inspiration and great person just like your mom! Thank you so much!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete