Sunday, April 26, 2009

shameless embrace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0qZl_Qu84 I love the lyrics to this song so here's a link so I can listen to it over and over... Coincidentally both Sunday school class and pastors' message was about completely committing myself. ...denying myself and being completely unashamed. ..so far as saying "Ask God to change me; to know God and to work with God and have no shame... completely unapologetic."

Yes! He literally said "unapologetic!"

Okay, I have only heard "unapologetic" used a handful of times in my life... mostly within the last week. When Sue said that last week, I knew there was more in store for me in due time. I heard that word ring out to me so loud and clearly as though I was standing in a bell tower at noon. What a journey! It is absolutely refreshing to hear God and situations such as this remind me that He has again paved the way for my ears to be open and hear what He wants me to hear? What a journey!

In Romans 1:16 Paul's letter to Rome he encourages them by saying he has been longing to see them and is excited to sharing with them about Christ now that he has permission. He says it feels like it is an obligation (verse 14) to reach everyone, but in verse 16 states he (Paul) is not ashamed of the gospel. Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." Paul wrote that he was not ashamed of the gospel... The gospel... the power God gives for salvation of everyone who believes and obeys. Because the gospel is the power of God. The gospel is where righteousness is revealed and it is the righteous that will live by faith ~ the faith of the power of God.

Timothy also states in 2 Timothy 1 about the Power of God. He says in verse seven, that God did not give us the spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self discipline. Since we are given this spirit of power, I should not be ashamed to testify about our Lord. Timothy says he is a prisoner and is suffering for the gospel.

My journey with God is amazing! I want God to be my all... breath, thoughts, my everything. I don't want to be ashamed of the gospel. I want to be so fully wrapped up in Him that I am consumed from the inside out. I'm not perfect, I fall, I fail, but His grace and mercy is there to pick me up and keep trying. All to bring Him the glory!!

Today at church we sang "From The Inside Out" by Hillsong lyrics:
A thousand times I've failed; Still your mercy remains
Should I stumble again; Still I'm caught in your grace
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else; My purpose remains;
The art of losing myself; in bringing you praise

In my heart, in my soul; I give you control; Consume me from the inside out
Let justice and praise become my embrace; To love you from the inside out

Isaiah 40:26-31 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God"? Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Lord, You hear my soul cry out for more of you; I give you control. Thank you for never growing tired or weary. You are the everlasting God. You are the Creator of the ends of the earth. Thank you for sending your Son to live out the gospel. Consume me from the inside out. Thank you for the spirit of power and strength. Thank you for forgiving me when I fail. Thank you for embracing me as I want to shamelessly embrace You. In your Son's loving name I pray.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw your blog. Very cool. Love the "Journey with God" phrase.
    Russ

    ReplyDelete