Sunday, March 15, 2009

intentions

I'm so excited about what God is doing in my life. Everywhere I look, I see where God has already been paving the way. By that I have an example... Several months ago I was shopping with Natalie in her favorite dollar store "where everything there is a dollar" and saw a nice hard bound devotional for women published by zondervan. I picked one up, carried it around with me, bought it ~ besides, it was only a buck, took it to work ~ where it sat in my cubical since the day after I purchased it. This last Friday I decided to bring it home knowing that I may have some free time this weekend since Natalie would be at her dads. Anyway... At the time I purchased this book, I didn't give it much thought. I think I glanced through it, but I know I couldn't have recited the title two days after I purchased it. In fact, I pretty much forgot about it until I returned to work after my Asia trip. I began reading last night. This book is a sixty day journey to find the purpose God has for your life. It starts out in the forward about... if you are desiring to know God's purpose, this book is for you. ...hello!?!??! yes... don't we all?? but conincidentally, I physically wrote out my questions just last week on "What is my purpose, why did God give me these characteristics.....?" Now... I purchased this book a couple of months ago with really not much intention of picking it up soon. I look at this book and see how intentional God is about everything.

When I experience His connection, I feel like God is working in me and through me. Don't get me wrong, I take no glory or praise for this... God nudges us all. This is Him and His doing. It is up to me to decide if I'm going to live with ears that hear and eyes that see and an open heart to accept these connections are Him. At church, in the sermon, on the radio, in a song... everywhere I turn, I see or hear Him. I caught myself laughing out loud today (with my headphones on) while raking the twenty plus bags of leaves. No reason... just found myself enjoying some worship music and felt His amazing joy. I'm so refreshed to know that Christ has in so many ways paved the road ahead of us.

Thank you, God, for being so intentional.He has always been, always will be... John 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness... Oh, and am I ever greatful!

No comments:

Post a Comment