Thursday, March 5, 2009

less hope

I am in the middle of battling jet lag. My best hours awake are betweek 3:30 and 6:30 am. This morning laying in bed while Natalie was snoring next to me I began to think about hope. I tried to picture a world without hope. How depressing?

I'm reminded of the sights I saw on my China visit. What would life be like if there were no hope for anything? Not knowing where my next meal would come from or if there were enough money to pay the bills. Or even have bills such as a mortgage or car payment... what if I lived in a tent as these folks do? What if I had nothing to look forward to tomorrow? Would life be worth living without hope? What if I did not know about the God of the universe? I'm not sure I can even understand the concept of no hope.

Thankfully... Colossians 1:27 "Christ in you, the hope of Glory!" I wondered if there were no Christ, there would be no hope. Ephesians 2:12 tells me that when I was without Christ, I was without hope and without God. It continues saying that Jesus is our peace, he came as flesh to bring us this peace and hope for a heavenly place. That thought alone puts a smile on my face. I thank God I live in a world of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment