Tuesday, March 17, 2009

pure heart

This was inspired by the movie, Fireproof... I love the internal struggle I found in myself when I have tried to justify my actions or feelings. God lays such a conviction on my heart and from that I have the following:

God has become the most significant part of my life. When I realized who I was and who He is, I realized my need for Him and his forgiveness and salvation. Why? Titus 2:11-14 says, "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men. 12 Teaching us that; denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in the present world. Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 who gave himself for us, that he may redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works."

I have violated His standards. According to me, I’m a good person. But... God doesn't judge by
my standards. He uses His own standards which are... Truth, Love, Faithfulness. And in all honesty, have I really loved God; the one who gave me life? "His standards are so high that He considers hatred to be murder; and lust to be adultery."

But, I'm a good person... doesn't that count for something? I have broken His commandments; and one day I’ll answer for that.

Christ was continually rejected, mocked, and even spat upon... but never once did He stop loving me. Before I realized that, "
I couldn’t love because I couldn’t give what I didn’t have." I can't truly love until I completely understand what love is. It’s not because I get some reward from it, but that I have now made a decision to love whether that person deserves it or not. 1 Peter 1:21-23, "Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God. 22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from a pure heart. 23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring the word of God."

God loves me, even though I know I don’t deserve His love. There's been times when I've rejected Him, …and I've even spat in His face. God sent Jesus to die on the cross and take the punishment for my sin because He loves me! I didn't understand t
he cross until I came to it, but when I decided to accept it, Jesus Christ changed my life.

That’s when I truly began to love; this is between me and the Lord.

I can see that I need Him. I can see that I need his forgiveness.
I will trust Him with my life. 2 Timothy 2:21-22, "If a man cleanses himself ... he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful for the Mater and prepared to do any good work. 22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the name of the Lord with a pure heart." I’m not proud of a lot of things; at times I was only concerned about my life and my needs. Now, after I have given my life to God. I understand my scars and beg God for the truth.

I don’t just follow with my heart; my heart can be deceiving. I’m learning to lead with my heart... a pure heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment